Dr. Emil Velasquez, L.Ac, DAOM, FABORM, holds a doctorate degree in Traditional Chinese Medicine, and is a licensed acupuncturist in the state of California. His clinical specialty is fertility, and in addition he has extensive experience in treating conditions related to women’s health, neuromuscular disorders, pain management, and mental health.
Emil V. started Malaya Acupuncture & Wellness Center in Oakland, California with a vision to help promote wellness via the use of Acupuncture and Chinese medicine in the community of East Oakland.
During his free time, he loves being active: he trains capoeira, a Brazilian form of martial arts and hikes with his dog Nami. He also loves reading books on health and psychology
- B.A. in Psychology. San Francisco State University.
- M.S. in Traditional Chinese Medicine. Academy of Chinese Culture and Health Sciences. Oakland, Ca.
- Doctorate Degree in Traditional Chinese medicine. Five Branches University. San Jose, Ca.
- Board Certified in the integrative treatments of infertility by the American Board of Oriental Reproductive Medicine (ABORM).
- Currently a participating acupuncturist in the “Back In Action” study, a multicenter clinical research trial of acupuncture for the management of chronic low back pain among older patients. This study is a collaboration among the research centers at Kaiser Permanente, Sutter Health, and the Institute for Family Health.
- Certified massage practitioner. The world school of massage and healing Arts. San Francisco, Ca.
- Crisis line support. San Francisco Suicide Prevention.