Dr. Emil Velasquez, L.Ac, DAOM, FABORM, holds a doctorate degree in Traditional Chinese Medicine, and is a licensed acupuncturist in the state of California. His clinical focus is in treating women’s health, neuromuscular disorders, pain management, and emotional issues. Emil also went through a rigorous training and passed an exam to become a fertility board certified acupuncturist.
Emil Velasquez started Malaya Acupuncture & Wellness Center in Oakland, California with a vision to help promote wellness via the use of Acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine in his community in Oakland, California.
During his free time, he loves being active: he likes to do capoeira, a Brazilian form of martial arts, hiking with his dog Nami, reading books on positive psychology, and is constantly taking health seminars to expand his knowledge about health and medicine.
- Certified Massage practitioner. World School of Massage, San Francisco.
- B.A. in Psychology. San Francisco State University.
- M.S. in Traditional Chinese Medicine. Academy of Chinese Culture and Health Sciences, Oakland.
- Doctorate Degree in Traditional Chinese medicine. Five Branches University, San Jose.
- Board Certified in the integrative treatments of infertility. American Board of Oriental Reproductive Medicine
- Crisis Support line. San Francisco Suicide Prevention.