Dr. Emil Velasquez, L.Ac, DAOM, FABORM, holds a doctorate degree in Traditional Chinese Medicine, and is a licensed acupuncturist in the state of California. His clinical focus is in treating women’s health, neuromuscular disorders, pain management, and mental health.
Emil V. started Malaya Acupuncture & Wellness Center in Oakland, California with a vision to help promote wellness via the use of Acupuncture and Chinese medicine in the community of East Oakland.
During his free time, he loves being active: he trains capoeira, a Brazilian form of martial arts and hikes with his dog Nami. He also loves reading books on health and psychology.
- B.A. in Psychology. San Francisco State University.
- M.S. in Traditional Chinese Medicine. Academy of Chinese Culture and Health Sciences. Oakland, Ca.
- Doctorate Degree in Traditional Chinese medicine. Five Branches University. San Jose, Ca.
- Board Certified in the integrative treatments of infertility by the American Board of Oriental Reproductive Medicine (ABORM).
- Currently a participating acupuncturist in the “Back In Action” study, a multicenter clinical research trial of acupuncture for the management of chronic low back pain among older patients. This study is a collaboration among the research centers at Kaiser Permanente, Sutter Health, and the Institute for Family Health.
- Certified massage practitioner. The world school of massage and healing Arts. San Francisco, Ca.
- Crisis line support. San Francisco Suicide Prevention.